Monday, February 26, 2007

morning disclaimers

When someone starts the day with several performance disclaimers ... they may send everything.

February 18, 2007: Ashley Overton on Hooey's Back Porch, East Draw, Eldorado Canyon State Park, CO. During our morning phone conversation, Ashley started out with "I don't know man, I haven't been feeling very well. I'd like to come out but I don't think I'm going to climb very well. Maybe I'll just hike up there to get the tour and see the place. It'll be good to just get outside, considering the way I feel." After warming up on the outstanding Crimpy Face and the steep and fun Pig Dog, Ashley settled in under Hooey's Back Porch, giving it an hour or more of his attention. Once he understood the best way to pull on and catch the holds, he sent it in outstanding style. So much for just getting outside and doing some hiking. Good work dude!

No comments: