Thursday, March 01, 2007

Big E

Where almost every problem deserves three stars.

June 26, 2004: Mike Hickey on Ben's Arete, Mount Evans Wilderness Area, CO. This problem gets *** in my book, no doubt about it. Anyway, what else can I possibly say about a day at Big E. Get up early. Drive an hour plus to Echo Lake Parking Lot. Hike 1 hour plus through spectacular scenery to some of the most inspiring boulders in America. Climb all day, hike out in the dark, drive home satisfied and worn out. Even when you have a project you are working on (and there are lots of lines worth seriously projecting), it's hard not to stop and try other things JUST BECAUSE. Words are getting in the way of what I'm trying to say, for real. In any event, here's Hickey and his individual sense of climbing fashion on another classic problem put up by Tendon.

2 comments:

sock hands said...

post more now

chuffer said...

I'd like to say quality vs quantity socktard, but if I said that I'd have to go straight out and buy a really nice camera.

oh well.